Earth is lush with trees far older than any living human. Trees are old, wise and full of unknown mysteries. Some trees are so fantastic they are famous, drawing people in from near and far to stand beneath its shade and stare up at its beautiful branches.
The 10 mystical trees on this list will have you packing your bags tonight, ready to run off and enjoy a traveling love affair with some of the world’s coolest, oldest and most beautiful trees.
1. Angel Oak Tree In Southern Carolina
This tree is an incredible 66.5 feet tall, and is estimated as old as 1,400 to 1,500 years.
Photo Credit: Daniela Duncan
2. Antarctic Beech with hanging moss, located in Oregon
Photo Credit: Drew Hopper
3. Wisteria Tree located in Japan
This massive wisteria tree spans half an acre, or 1,990 square meters, making it the largest of its kind in all of Japan.
Photo Credit: tungnam.com.hk
4. Tall Sequoia Tree located in California
Photo Credit: Michael Nichols
5. Rainbow Eucalyptus located in Hawaii
Photo Credit: jwilsonnorton
6. Flamboyant Tree located in Brazil
Photo Credit: Salete T Silva
7. Dragonblood Tree located in Yemen
Photo Credit: Csilla Zelko
8. Japanese Maple Tree located in Oregon
Photo Credit: falcor88
9. More Maple Trees located in Oregon
Photo Credit: Ian Sane
10. Wind Swept Trees located in New Zealand
These trees located on Slope Point always look like they are under the stress of a huge gust of wind. Due to the harsh Antarctic winds these trees grow at an angle.
Photo Credit: Seabird Nz
11. Cherry Trees located in Germany
Photo Credit: Adas Meliauskas
12. Baobab Trees located in Madagascar
Cool fact: these Baobab trees store water in their massive trunks, which comes in handy during droughts.
Photo Credit: confitalsurf