As a kid I used to be envious of my cats. They got to stay home and lounge around all day while I had to go to school. Now, as an adult, I am still jealous of my cats who do nothing but snooze, eat and play while I have to work, cook, clean, etc.
I think it’s time I finally quit my life to become a cat… perhaps you’re ready to jump on the kitty-train too. Thanks to two creative artists behind Last Lemon, Lisa Swerling and Ralph Lazar, there is an easy to follow ‘how to guide’ available for anyone dreaming of being a kitty cat instead of a real-world adult, or kid.
Swerling and Lazar call it the Internet’s very first “user-driven guide” because they took many suggestions from their followers in order to put ‘how to be a cat’ together. You can check out more of this fun ongoing project as well as other exciting projects going on via the Last Lemon website.
Call your boss and quit your day job because these 23 pictures tell you everything you need to know to be a cat.
1. Sit On Every Human You See (But Only If They Don’t Invite You)
2. Be As Creepy As Possible
3. Play With Your Human’s Hair
4. Act Like You Own Every Seat In The House… Because As A Cat You Do
5. Ditch Your Toys And Play With Socks Until They All Go Missing
6. Sleep As Much As You Possibly Can
7. Confuse People As Much As Possible
8. Learn How To Wake People Up With A Persistent Stare
9. If Staring Doesn’t Work, Use Your Tongue
10. Act Like You Want To Go On Every Vacation When Really You Just Want To Stay Home And Enjoy Some Peace And Quiet
11. Diva Is Your New Middle Name
12. Use Your ‘Meow’ To Your Advantage
13. Remind Humans You’re The Real Present
14. Never Come When Called
15. Destroy Christmas
Need some help? Take notes from these 27 Dogs And Cats That Destroyed Christmas
16. Throw Up On Carpet No Matter How Little Of It Can Be Found
17. Spend Too Much Time In The Bathroom
18. Destroy Anything & Everything Clean Or New
19. Human Mealtime = Game Face On
20. Be Picky When It Comes To Food… You’re No Dog, You Won’t Eat Just Anything!
21. Learn To Love Drawers
22. So Much So That You Open Them At All Hours Of The Night