Animals are interesting creatures, each breed a unique species with different habits, traits and personality types. There are so many animal facts out there it’s impossible to keep track of them all.
Did you know pigs can’t see the sky, zebras can’t sleep alone and mice sense and experience sadness if other mice around them are sad? While all of these animal facts verge on slightly depressing they are worth knowing… and even worthy of a couple chuckles when presented as comics by illustrator Brooke Barker.
Enjoy learning a little more about the amazing animals all around the world just try not to get too depressed about the facts.
1. Talk About A ‘Mutt’
2. Foxy But Friendless
3. If elephants could jump we’d have a lot more earthquakes!
4. Don’t mess with a jellyfish… they are heartless!
5. Mice are more emotional than you might think…
6. New word for an 8-minute nap: Ant Nap
7. Blame it on the social anxiety, or on being an octopus
8. And you thought 9 months was long?
9. Who’s my mommy?
10. The crows are watching and they know everything…
11. So much for my subscription to Dog TV!
12. Snails might be slow but their vision is unstoppable!
13. Zebras need someone to keep watch while they sleep to protect themselves from lurking predators… that’s not sad, that’s smart!
14. Talk about inequality in the workplace…
15. You can’t outsmart a leech!
16. Nor can you hide from a hungry grizzly bear…
17. I wish I only needed this much sleep (imagine how much you could get done in a day!)
18. On the other hand, cicadas sleep so much it’s a wonder they ever get anything done!
19. Female ferrets can’t even begin to understand the concept of a ’40-year-old virgin’